What Should I Bring To The Dealership When I’m Ready To Buy Or Lease? | Kingsport TN | Near Bristol & Johnson City
What To Bring To The Dealership When You're Ready To Buy Or Lease in Kingsport, TN
Have you been considering buying a new vehicle and caught yourself looking at new cars online? If this is the case, then you will probably want to look at a few vehicles at a dealership and do some test-drives. When you're ready to make that big purchase and head to the dealership, you'll want to have the materials handy that you need. You don't want to have to make the trip back home to retrieve something you forgot to bring. So here's a recommendation of what you should have with you when you're ready to buy a new vehicle.
- Your driver's license: When you're completing your paperwork, you'll want to have your license on hand since you'll need proper identification. However, there is a chance that the dealership might already have your license on file if you’ve taken the vehicle for a test-drive.
- Your Social Security number: If you don’t know it by heart, bring your social security card along as well. Even if you are buying the vehicle outright -- without any financing -- the dealer will still need your Social for tax purposes. Almost all financial transactions valued at over $10,000 need to be reported to the IRS.
- Proof of car insurance: You can't buy a car without this key document. There are laws in all 50 states requiring drivers to have some kind of insurance because it protects everyone on the road.
- Your wallet: You’ll have to pay for this vehicle, whether through financing, cash, cashier’s check or credit card. There are many ways to pay these days, and depending on how much your car is worth, it makes sense to figure out the best way for you to pay for your vehicle. When leasing, you’ll usually have to make some sort of a down payment on the vehicle.
- Proof of employment, residence and salary: Depending on your credit rating, you may need to bring some kind of proof that you are employed.
- A few hours to fill out all of the paperwork: Buying a vehicle can be a time-consuming process, especially if you're applying for financing.
And if you're trading in your old car:
- A trade-in appraisal: Typically you'll have your appraisal performed at the dealership that you're trading it in to, and many times they'll be good for up to three days.
- Your old car's title: Once you trade it in, you'll have to turn this over since you're releasing ownership of the vehicle.
If you're interested in learning more about purchasing or leasing a vehicle in Kingsport, TN, stop by our dealership at 2217 East Stone Drive, Kingsport, TN 37660. We look forward to serving our customers from Kingsport, TN, and throughout Bristol and Johnson City!